NUMBER 9

NUMBER 9
By Alex Ness
February 25, 2023

THE NEWS


I am ending my hiatus, so in addition to this blog, find my work appearing on:

Amazon: Amazon.Com/author/alexness
Poetry: AlexNessPoetry.Blogspot.Com
Media: Poplitiko.Blogspot.Com
Published: https://AlexNessPoetry.Blogspot.Com/2007/01/My-Work.html

I appreciate your readership.

I NEVER UNDERSTOOD SUCH KINDNESS

Many people reached out, supported me, loved me deeply.  I am unable to thank all of those who have stepped forward to give me words, kindness, monetary support, and gifts. But it doesn't mean I don't appreciate it. My life is a journey. Thank you for your support in so many ways.

There are reasons people reach out, or fall away. The world we live in is in crisis, so I treasure the support, and understand the lack if it happened. The only person I was truly attacked by was a mentally ill person who wished me death by colon cancer due to my being so "fucking fat". This term is a matter of opinion, so, that it was given by a person who has no empathy for others while demanding empathy for their situation is rather insane.

I HAD SURGERY ON FEBRUARY 19, 2024

Writing this assuming prior, so I suspect but can't promise I survived and I want to share some of the people who are my supporters outside of my family, friends and readers.  These are the professionals who stepped forward to show me kindness.

Mike Grell, Mike Baron, Jamie Delano, David Hine
Mike Carey, Erik Fucking Larsen, Joseph Monks

The comic book shop franchise in Minneapolis and the metro HOT COMICS and particularly Mike Harmon supported my creative work, and encouraged my work, and supported my person. We've been connected in the form of Hot Comics sponsoring my work, since it began in 2001, before Mike was the dude in charge. I am grateful, and I've a long standing relationship with a great store. You can find their website at HOT COMICS

MY FUTURE WORKS

I am deciding which works of mine I have that I wish to share with the world around me.  I only know one I am comfortable with.  It is a Viking era work.  As a DNA viking, I am excited to share it.

This may be my final work that I release. But my son, who is a photographer and writer, might himself release more.

Be well, find peace, and find joy in all things.