XI A few thoughts, and books that will rejuvenate your thoughts.

11, The Sharing
By Alex Ness
March 10, 2024


I am struggling with Mono, pain, exhaustion and fighting how my mind says let's write this story or do this work, and I am so tired, I can't achieve anything.  I will love my cats, take a nap with one of them. I'll go outside for fresh air. And, I've been to do a series of exercises, similar but not the same as yoga. My back has Degenerative Disc Disorder, and yeah, I will need surgery, but getting healthier will make it more likely to work. My first attempt led my left shoulder to pop, unpleasantly. But since then, I am doing rather well.

READING

One thing that keeps me going is reading, for research, pleasure or exploration.  But the books I am about to share, are ones that energize my brain. Yes most are old, none are rare, but they are moments of great comics, and give you an outlook that helps you move forward. The history and cultural experience books are valuable, but for me, the reason to read them to avoid the constantly growing and spreading myths and falsehoods about the past.  I want to know the truth, whoever it makes look better.

Jack Kirby, Erik Larsen, the Legion of Superheroes and The X-Men all help me grow, in imagination and appreciate of style and skills. I love them.

click to enlarge. 



A CAT


She is a stinker, but as sweet as cats get.  Her name is Isabella and I love her.