El numero 28

#28, a Brief update and consideration of life
By Alex Ness
July 26, 2024

I had to take a long hiatus to catch up upon sleep from the many procedures and health issues I had. I am coming upon the end of the journey. I might have lymphoma traveling through my body. Or there is the far more dangerous Colon Cancer appearing in my bottom tube.  Lie isn't always happy news. But I have an amazing amount of people in the comics, literature, fine art, and music industries who have made my life better is distinct and amazing ways.

Erik Larsen was never not someone I liked. But I went from mild acquaintance to actual friend in a big way. Our chats have always lifted my spirits, and made me aware that he doesn't see me as a peon or less than him as a human.

Mike Baron and I have spoken to each other through chats on social media, email, a phone call long time ago and somehow, I am sure, other ways. We've talked about politics, friendship, the comics world. His advice on comics writing. And he spoke and showed me, that he considers me a true friend.

Mike Grell called me his pain in the ass lil brother, and he has told me on numerous occasions, that if I die, it won't be long before he joins me at the table in the hall of heroes in Valhalla, and we will speak long and freely of the things we missed out upon on Earth.

Many people showed me love and kindness, and perhaps on another article I'll share many, and will speak to how deeply it meant to me.

But for now, here are the books coming out in January or thereabouts... and three chapbooks for Crypticon in Minnesota, mid September.  Nothing is a sure but, but I am feeling good about these.

THE BOOKS


Click to enlarge

Vikings, King Arthur, and a mixture of myth, legend and History of the lost kingdoms across the world. All titles and content are © and protected.  But the especially noted, the heroine on the cover of Tales of Lost Kingdoms came from Josh Howard 17 or more years ago, when I was asked to find an artist, he said yep, and did a great piece of art, but the publisher refused to pay for it. So I gave him a truly rare book signed by the author, and more comics and stuff.  I also refused to do business with the publisher again.  F them.

THE CHAPBOOKS

Three chap books, with 5 different authors. 1 book with just me, writing about an extremely post human era, and the search for meaning. A book with one dive into the creation of Frankenstein, and my attempt to discuss the Last Man in the context of the world we just entered into.  Another book has werewolves versus Berserkers of Norse fame, and Mexican Wrestlers chasing and hunting down monsters in a Mayan Pyramid.  Other than the images being public domain due to time of original creation, these are all ©, and owned by the writers or creative team.